Find out how much you could save each year with Heat Insulation Ltd – Your Local Energy Saving Specialist
Here’s a summary of a very good presentation given by Ricky Swann last Friday:
A quick history of Heat Insulation Ltd
- Heat started out as the “Hull Energy Action Team” a not for profit organisation installing draught proofing and smoke alarms. In the late 80’s grants and funding were stopped.
- Heat Insulation Ltd was then established in 1989 from the Action Trust by John Allen. Cavity Wall Insulation and Loft Insulation were added to the services offered.
- In 2003 John retired and his Son, Richard Allen, became Heat Insulation’s current Managing Director. Richard actively carried out this role for six years before an accident stopped him from working.
- In 2014 Heat Insulation Ltd added External Wall Insulation to its services by re-training all installers to achieve a City and Guilds Qualification in Insulation Rendering. This training lasted 18 months and everyone qualified.
- 2018 will bring further new products and services such as Internal Wall Insulation, Room-In-Roof Insulation and Electric Storage Heaters.
And the services it offers:
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Loft Insulation
- External Wall Insulation
- Tank and Pipe Insulation
- Draught Proofing
- Electric Storage Heaters
Cavity Wall Insulation…Why bother?
- A standard 3-bed semi-detached house will save on average £200 per year
- The same property, when insulated, will save 30 tonnes of carbon being taken into the atmosphere, doing your bit to help save the environment.
- Your energy bills will not only reduce but your thermal comfort will increase
- Your house will be cooler in the Summer as it has the same effect stopping heat coming in as well as escaping
- It only takes 2-3 hours to insulate a semi-detached house
- In most cases it is free. Well not quite. Energy saving measures are paid by the green tax on everyone’s energy bill so you have already paid for it.
What has Heat Insulation Ltd achieved so far?
- On average Heat Insulation Ltd insulates 2500 properties per year. That’s 72500 properties insulated since Heat Insulation Ltd started.
- Each house will save on average £250 due to the mix of CWI and LI Heat Insulation Ltd has fitted……..that’s a saving of £18,125,000 to Heat Insulation’s customers…PER YEAR!
- This also equates to 2,175,000 tonnes of carbon not being expelled into the atmosphere
- All insulation installers must be PAS2030 accredited to access energy company funding. Heat Insulation Ltd was the first insulation company in the UK to achieve this and achieved first time.
- Heat Insulation Ltd is licensed by the British Board of Agrément or the BBA. They monitor all activities from the generation of work to completion.
- CIGA Registered
- Heat Insulation Ltd is a member of the N.I.A.
- All Heat Insulation’s staff are CRB Checked and have had safeguarding training.
- CHAS registered
You can find out more at the Heat Insulation Ltd website
Read our other latest news…
On the 6th April we'll be hosting a special event in conjunction with Myton Law. Everyone in business should know by now that new Data Protection laws are coming into effect on 25th May. This is the biggest change to our data protection laws in 20 years. Are you...
Last Friday's presentation was by John Palmer of Porters Lets. John fills the Letting Agent category in the BNI Aspire Hull Chapter John bought his first home in 1995 and made money from his property by renting out two of the three bedrooms to work colleagues.He...
At last Friday's meeting, we were delighted to welcome two new members into the BNI Aspire Hull Chapter: Mike Ellis of 43 Clicks North is a website optimisation and digital marketing specialist who focuses on improving conversion rates Paula Stead runs Ap...
The latest to give a 5-minute presentation was Josh Hornby of Kennett Insurance Brokers and Risk Management 5 minute presentations are an opportunity to educate fellow members about your business and the sort of opportunities you are looking for. About Kennett's...